Sunday, January 29, 2012

Herpes Vaccine Failure to Protect Women

News Health Articles - Herpes Vaccine Failure to Protect Women. Herpes is a sexually transmitted disease that can strike both men and women. But a vaccine that is believed to prevent herpes failed to protect women from disease.

The researchers reported promising vaccine against herpes viruses indicates a failure in large clinical trials. Known efficacy (effectiveness) of this vaccine against herpes disease by 20 percent only. These results are reported in the New England Journal of Medicine.

"We were really disappointed with the results obtained from clinical trials in this large scale," said study co-author Dr. Peter Leone of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, as quoted from ABCNews, Thursday (January 5, 2012).

In a large study carried out by imitating the general population of women who are infected do not show the vaccine is effective against herpes simplex-1 (HSV-1), but not for herpes simplex-2 (HSV-2).

In general, HSV-2 is considered more worrisome because they tend to have higher relapse rates compared with HSV-1, and also associated with an increased risk of contracting HIV.

Leone said investigators need to approach different types of vaccines, so that later could find a new vaccine that could work powerful tool for both types of virus.

In this study researchers recruited 8323 women aged 18-30 years who do not have antibodies to the virus. The results of analysis studies showed the vaccine had 58 percent effectiveness against HSV-1, but do not have the effect of HSV-2. Overall, this vaccine can protect infection by 22 percent.

"This vaccine has a strong antibody response against HSV-2, but these antibodies may have a blunt impact protection of cellular immune response," said Leone.

Healthy life and behavior are more effected to overcome Herpes Vaccine Failure to Protect Women.

12 comments:

  1. Great Share!Opuderm Premium Skin Care Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important.
    http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/opuderm-premium-skincare/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I?m just starting out in community management/marketing media and trying to
    Alpha ZXT learn how to do it well - resources like this article are incredibly helpful. As our company is based in the US, it?s all a bit new to us.
    http://www.webheathcare.com/alpha-

    zxt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your talent is really appreciated!! Thank you. CogniQ You saved me a lot of frustration. I switched from Joomla to Drupal to the WordPress platform and Ive fully embraced WordPress. Its so much easier and easier to tweak. Anyway, thanks again. Awesome domain!No biggie… It only takes twelve seconds to see if works.http://www.supplements4help.com/cogniq/

    ReplyDelete
  4. A topic close to my heart many thanks, i have been thinking about about this subject for some time.Fairly insightful publish. Cerebria Never thought that it was this simple after all. I had spent a very good deal of my time looking for someone to explain this topic clearly and you're the only 1 that ever did that. Kudos to you! Keep it uphttp://www.supplements4help.com/cerebria/

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you make your site look this good. Email me if you get the chance and share your wisdom. Id be thankful! If your Synagen IQ still on the fence: grab your favorite earphones, head down to a Best Buy and ask to plug them into a Zune then an iPod and see which one sounds better to you, and which interface makes you smile more. Then youll know which is right for you.http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/synagen-iq/



    ReplyDelete
  6. I just like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and take a look at again right here frequently. Adderin I am slightly certain I'll be told a lot of new stuff right right here! Best of luck for the next!http://guidemesupplements.com/adderin/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a 20 years old pupil. I love to go through. I dont have a good deal of time. This is why I realized speed reading exercises, I Believe that in case you go through a great deal of books and megazines you have to discover Prolongz the talent of speed reading. Just in order to go through much better and quicker. anyway, I hope youll proceed to sustain this website. this is really a fantastic place and I am certain Ill be back again within the close future again.Despite the fact that I would???ê?ève preferred in the event you went into a bit bit a lot more detail, I still got the gist of what you meant. I agree with it. It may well not be a well-known idea, but it makes sense. Will surely come back for much more of this. Fantastic workI was checking the internet for some.http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/prolongz/

    ReplyDelete
  8. He makes an amazing start but Alpha XTRM lost me halfway from the post. I had a tough time following what the author is endeavoring to say. Very first was fantastic but I really feel he wants to work with writing a much better conclude.It is easy to see when reading the rest of your blog post comments lots.http://www.nutritionguideweb.com/alpha-xtrm/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I noticed something else about this topic on another website.Incredibly, your view on it is diametrically opposite to what I read before. Super CBD I am still trying to figure out over the opposite points of view, but I am tipped strongly toward your point of view. And in any case, that?s what is so splendid about modern democracy and the marketplace of ideas on-line.http://www.healthcaresups.com/supercbd/

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dominant theme in the foyer is medievalism with a life-sized knight in shining armor guarding the large double doors, and an equally threatening armored warhorse peeking around the corner.smart post. Cognimaxx XL I have always loved your writing/articles/posts. automobiles. keep it upIts Pleasure to understand your blog.The above articles is fairly extraordinary, and I extremely enjoyed reading your blog and things that you simply expressed. I really like to appear back on the normal basis,post additional during the topic.Thanks for sharingkeep writing!!!http://www.supplements4help.com/cognimaxx-xl/



    ReplyDelete
  11. Im by using a little issue I cant subscribe your feed, Im using google reader fyi. My mate and that i have been just talking over this excellent topic, Cognimaxx XL she happens to be continually endeavouring to prove me incorrect! I will show her this kind of post let alone rub it in the little!http://www.healthsupreviews.com/cognimaxx-xl/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Black core Edge: - Along these lines by taking after interims of vitality and amount you are continually coming to on your body with diverse preparing outlines. You develop sturdiness for a while, and then use that additional quality to make more muscle (that is your development spurt).

    http://newhealthsupplement.com/blackcore-edge-workout/

    ReplyDelete