Sunday, January 1, 2012

Midwife Gives Birth with Make-Up Mirror

News Health Articles - Midwife Gives Birth with Make-Up Mirror. Midwife's duty to help pregnant women give birth safely. But could not imagine what happens when a midwife must help itself give birth and only with the help of makeup mirror.

As an experienced midwife, Claire Clarke-Wood (28 years) has helped thousands of mothers gave birth to their babies safely. But he never wished to help himself childbirth.



Just hours after leaving his job at Croydon University Hospital, Clarke-Wood felt the pain in the stomach and she knew that the moment she will give birth, even if that meant the baby was born three weeks early.

At that time She had no choice nothing but help himself to give birth. Clarke-Wood can eventually gave birth to her first daughter Esmay only with a little help from the make-up mirror.

"My colleagues had joked that I would give birth to babies with the help of its own, but I never think that it will actually happen," said Claire Clarke-Wood, who lived in Hawkhurst, Kent, England, as reported by Dailymail, Friday ( 30/12/2011).

On the day Saturday, December 10, 2011, Clarke-Wood left the hospital where she worked on at 10 pm local time, but he already felt a restless night's sleep. Around 5 am, Clarke-Wood wake her husband Tim since started having contractions.

"I did experience some back pain, but this time it lasted a long time. At about 5 am I began to realize that I was contracted, but because this is my first experience, I know it probably will take a long time," explained Clarke-Wood.

Clarke-Wood told her husband she might give birth on Tuesday. But when I go to the bathroom, suddenly the contractions came quickly.

"I laughed because it was so unexpected. The contractions kept coming and coming," he recalls.

By using a TENS machine (transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation or electrical device that serves to give stimulation to the nerves), which helps control the contractions, Clarke-Wood squatting in the bathroom and using her mother's vanity mirror, he leads his own labor.

Her husband had to call paramedics, but Esmay Clarke-Wood was born before the medics arrived, promptly at 7:30 am on December 11, 2011 with 3 kg weight.

"He was due on January 4, which means he was born three weeks early. Fortunately he was fine. After that, I just like at work. I get rid of the towel and drinking a cup of tea. The team was just trying to make me comfortable," explains Clarke-Wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment