Wednesday, November 30, 2011

His face Down due to 20 Fault in the Skull Bones

News Health Articles - His face Down due to 20 Fault in the Skull Bones. Skull faces a fitness instructor to be dropped and cracked after a remarkable incident in the garden of his home, which makes 20 broken bones of his face. Fortunately, radical surgery is able to reunite the 20 facial bones were broken.

Nancy Sundelson (50 years) from the Mill Hill, London, suffered 20 broken bones in his face that made her skull cracks incredible experience. He suffered a broken jaw, broken nose, broken eye sockets, forehead cracked and broken teeth. Amazingly, surgeons managed to reunite the pieces of bone and make his face is now whole again.



"After the fall of last year I looked like a monster. My face dropped 5 inches because of damage to bones and teeth hanging. I never thought it would look normal again," said Nancy Sundelson, as reported by Thesun, Wednesday (30/11/2011).

The fall did Nancy feel shock, but he did not feel anything in body. His face was bloodied, but he just assumed his nose bleed. He realized there was something very serious when I saw his face in the mirror.

"When I put the glasses on my nose, I noticed his nose was not in its original position. My face has really dropped. The first words out of my mouth slurred 'My God, what has happened to me? I looked like a monster' . And if not for the fact my tear ducts is broken, my tears had streamed down her cheeks, "recalls Nancy.

Her husband Rod (54 years), so surprised to see it. Nancy immediately rushed to the hospital, get some X-ray examination and suturing wounds.

At that time, I just feel sick and it is very clear that my face has undergone a severe disability. Nancy felt the bone is completely destroyed, but the doctor let him go home. Two days later, he still could not shut properly, so back to the hospital. He feels there is a very wrong because he could no longer feel pain.

"When I signed up, hospital officials told me they could not see the results of X-rays properly. I was referred to the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, where a scan showed there were 20 fractures that occurred," he recalls.

Nancy has two choices. The surgeon said it could undergo a routine operation, which means I have to shave hair and pull the skin of the face to get access to a broken bone. The second option, the surgeon can try the procedure is rarely performed, where doctors will operate through the eyelids and nose. But doctors say there is risk of blindness for the second option.

He just rest in bed for a week, when radical surgery is planned. The doctors had to rely on a series of photographs before confirming the action to be taken.

During the eight-hour operation, a team of surgeons led by Dr. Jonathan Collier, reunite the broken bones using titanium plates are inserted through the eyelid. Small incision made in the corners of the eyes and eyelids, and the skin pulled back to allow space for titanium.

Nancy should remain in hospital for 3 weeks postoperatively. When realized, the entire head bandaged and covered with ice. He could not open my mouth and could not eat regular. He was very embarrassed when visiting family or colleagues. Even when allowed to go home, he did not want to leave the house for 2 months. His face was purple and everything still looks bruised.

He avoids mirrors because he felt his face is still very terrible. Although eager to cry, but tears channel still can not function. But over time, the swelling on his face began to subside. He had to undergo minor surgery in July last to complete the reconstruction of the tear ducts.

"I never felt better and could not be more grateful to my surgeon, Dr. Collier, who did a fantastic job. Now I look the same and I feel younger," he explained.

His friends thought he had done plastic surgery on her face because her skin looks more vibrant and scars are so minimal and barely noticeable.

"Dr. Collier kept his promise to give my face again. I'll never forget what he did for me," added Nancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment