Thursday, October 27, 2011

Successful pregnancy from sperm Suspended For 20 Years

"Our baby was on the ice since 1991," said John Powell, who is very happy to finally be the father of the sperm that has been suspended for 20 years before he underwent chemotherapy treatment for testicular cancer.

John Powell (52 years) of a policeman who came from Orpington, London, is very pleased to see his wife managed to get pregnant from sperm that has been frozen since he was 20 years ago or when he was aged 32 years.

In 1991, John Powell decided to take precautionary measures to freeze sperm before undergoing treatment for testicular cancer.



He underwent a bone marrow transplant more than a year later and also underwent chemotherapy, which makes it no longer can have children naturally.

Powell had parted from Chanphen (36 years) who is now a wife and future mother of his child. It made him never thought would require sperm he had frozen.

But then three years ago, Powell traveled to Bangkok and met again with Chanphen. They eventually married and decided I wanted to have children.

Powell and agreed to undergo treatment Chanphen baby IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation) or test tube baby and his wife managed to get pregnant. Now his wife is pregnant 23 weeks (6 months) and they are prepared to wait for the birth of a daughter.

Waiting 20 years to use frozen sperm is actually not the first thing that happened. There had previously been pregnant from sperm frozen 21 years, who finally declared a world record in 2004.

"If I did not make the decision to 'keep' my sperm, I would never see the baby in the future. In 1991 just before I was undergoing treatment for cancer, I thought I would visit a clinic (fertility). I am so thankful I did it, "said John Powell, as reported by Thesun, Thursday (10/27/2011).

And when reunited with Chanphen, he felt very happy when he had frozen sperm can be used to undergo IVF treatment and can have a child.

"It was scary at first, but because sayan love my husband, I want to give a chance. I do not want to be without effort. And when he received news that I got pregnant, I was very happy. There is a risk that it (sperm frozen) will not work, but we are very lucky. We are very pleased, "said Chanphen.

No comments:

Post a Comment